We're a TMCX Five Star Award Winning Collector Site
to the home of Military Fighting Knives. Many of you
know us through our old knife lists and we appreciate your continued support. If
you collect fighting knives we think you'll enjoy what we have to offer. From the
common to the rare and historic, we cater to every collector. We hope you
enjoy this site and will visit it often. Please feel free to contact John at email@example.com or Gary at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need assistance. Click here to see our Terms of
"NOTE" If you would like to receive an email every time the site is updated, please click here email@example.com and let John know. From then on you will be notified when changes are made to the site.
Please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org I am updating the "Site Update" email list-----Thank You !
NEXT SITE UPDATE: Sunday 28 AUG 2016 at 08:30 AM EST I am adding this feature so that everyone will know when the next update will occur and not wait on my update email to view the new listings.
SOLD ITEMS: All knives are available when the site is updated and are sold on a first-come first-serve basis. As knives are spoken for I immediately mark them sold.
|LAST UPDATE: 21 AUG 2016|
Knives John's Knives Miscellaneous
Send us your "Want" list !!!
The following items are being sold by Gary Ruleford email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: MANY PRICE REDUCTIONS…
1. Sale Pending ~ Consignment ~ 6/26 ~ Vietnam Era Plumb Presentation SOG Knife. This rare presentation SOG knife is in 99.9% condition. The only finish missing is a ¼” on the spine. Absolutely unsharpened. Correct presentation scabbard with the wide stone flap. Proper blue and gray stone is VERY tight in the stone pocket. Proper leather thong in the pommel.
2. Sale Pending ~ Consignment ~ 6/26 ~ Vietnam Era Plumb Numbered SOG Knife. Blade finish is the lighter plumb variety. Absolutely unsharpened. Number 1966. Brass guard and pommel. Handle is tight and 100%. Proper scabbard has two tone gray and blue stone. A little different texture than is usually found on the stone—a little more coarse. Some finish missing on the rivets.
3. Consignment ~ 6/12 ~ WWII John EK Commando Knife. Bright blade has been cleaned. Excellent handle with exposed tang. Excellent piece overall. Former owner’s name on throat of sheath-D.S. Simmons. Sheath may be a replacement.
4. Consignment ~ 6/12 ~ WWII KA-BAR Commando. Bright blade version. Near mint condition. KA-BAR marked sheath. Beautiful example.
5. Consignment ~ 6/12 ~ WWII MK-II, KA-BAR Mfg. Parkerized blade is full and shows only careful sharpening. Handle is near mint. Proper U.S.N. plastic scabbard has a small crack on the right side, near the tip.
6. Consignment ~ 6/5 ~ Vietnam Era U.S. M-1917 Trench Gun Bayonet. Gen-Cut Mfg. Absolutely MINT condition with proper 1917 scabbard—also mint. I have never seen a better one!
7. Consignment ~ 6/5 ~ U.S. M-4 UTICA. I believe that this bayonet has been taken apart, a new blade added and newer washers added. Also some pieces of leather are missing from the washer that contacts the pommel. I tried it, and it does lock onto an M-1 Carbine just fine. Later M8 A-1 scabbard.
8. Consignment ~ 6/5 ~ WWII Era Camillus USN, MKII. Absolutely unsharpened and retaining about 95% of the original finish. Handle, guard and pommel are all tight and retain original finish. Proper USN MKII plastic scabbard is damaged but solid at the tip.
9. Consignment ~ 5/29 ~ USM-3 Imperial. Blade marked. Blade is full 6 ¾” and appears unsharpened. Retaining about 99% of the parkerized finish with scabbard (M-8 A-1) wear only. Leather handle is a little loose, but is solid with no cracked or missing washers.
10. Consignment – 5/29 ~ KA-BAR 1207. 99% condition with only one small spot on the bright blade at the guard. Excellent plus original scabbard.
11. Consignment ~ 5/22 ~ Vietnam Era Buffalo Bill Knife. Absolutely Mint. Customary plated blade is in perfect condition. 9 ½” blade. Nickel silver choil, and native wood handle is tight and in perfect condition.
12. Consignment ~ 5/22 ~ Vietnam early war Square Tipped Bolo. (I saw one in action in 1967 in the 173rd ABN.) Used notably by Special Forces. Blade is unused. Some flecks of green paint have chipped off of the metal and wood scabbard.
13. Consignment ~ 5/22 ~ Vietnam Era “MARINE RECON” Knife. Rounded pommel version. Blade retains 100% of original finish. Marked KIFFE JAPAN. Minty handle and scabbard.
14. Sale pending ~ Consignment ~ 5/22 ~ WWII Era CASEXX Pig Sticker. Bright 6” blade is absolutely mint—unsharpened condition. Hardwood handle is mint as well. Original WWII era scabbard is excellent plus. Beautiful Set.
15. Consignment ~ 5/22 ~ WWII Era Western L77-7. Most of the beautiful factory bluing is intact. Full blade may have been very carefully sharpened. Bright guard. Perfect handle and pommel. Proper double stitched scabbard.
16. Sale Pending ~ Consignment ~ 5/22 ~ WWII Cattaragus 225-Q. Absolutely mint condition with original scabbard.
17. Consignment ~ 4/17 ~ WWII Era CASE utility knife. 5 ¼” blade shows some sharpening. No pitting or rust anywhere on this bright blade. Pic bone slab grips are in perfect condition, no cracks or chips. Two tiny brass rivets. Original scabbard is in rough shape with snap strap broken but all pieces are present and with cuts at the mouth of the scabbard (see pictures).
18. Consignment ~ 4/10 ~ Randall Model 1 & 2, Matched Set. MINT condition. Mid 60’s knives. 6” carbon blades. Johnson rough back sheaths are special ordered without a stone pouch.
19. Consignment ~ 4/10 ~ Randall Model 1 Early 60’s. Rare brown button roughback Johnson sheath, with two tone gray stone. 6” carbon blade. MINT condition.
20. Consignment ~ 4/10 ~ Early Vietnam Era Randall Crutch tip #18 with Large Rivet Scabbard. Blade measures 5 ½”. Two tone stone. Knife and scabbard are both in MINT condition.
21. Consignment ~ DS ~ Vietnam Era Marine Recon Knife. 100% original with original scabbard. Blade marked KIFFE JAPAN. Retains over 90% or original blue finish. No sharpening or pitting. Some minor spotting at the tip of the 6 1/8” blade. Steel guard and pommel. Handle is tight. Very nice example.
22. Consignment ~ DM ~ Remington M-1917 bayonet converted to fighting knife. Blade has been shortened to 7” and sharpened on both sides. Blade is marked 1913 8 17 Remington in a circle. Reverse is marked broad arrow over a crown. A9 X U.S. kind of busy. Steel guard has been modified. Original grooved wood grips w/small chip missing from underside. Locking mech. removed. Sheath most interesting. Middle of belt hanger stamped broad arrow and 21 under that. Back of sheath London Trade Mark Standard. Back of belt hanger marked D. Mason & Sons underneath that WA SA not totally readable.
23. Consignment ~ DM ~ Shop or Theater Made Fighting Knife. Blade is Bowie style 7” long. Made from ¼” stock at the hilt. Blade is thinner and well made. Guard and butt cap appear to be made of stainless steel or nickel. Guard is 2 ¾” and diamond shaped at both ends. Handle is made of black and white spacers with middle sections may be made from black fiber material. Butt cap is nicely made champagne cork shaped. Sheath is double stitched heavy but soft pliable leather and original to the knife. Really nice knife.
24. Vietnam Era 6” Marbles Jet Pilot Knife. No doubt one of 500 supplied to the US Navy at the beginning of the Jet Pilot knife era. Full 6” blade shows some sharpening, but no rust or grinding. Guard, handle and pommel are tight. Top of pommel shows some small degree of corrosion. Proper scabbard complete with stone. Scabbard is supple, no cracks and snap strap works fine.
25. Consignment ~ DS ~ WWII Era (Baby) Small Ranger Knife and Scabbard. Pacific Theater. 6 ¼” blade has some spotting, but only very little pitting. Very good plus condition overall. Proper scabbard in excellent condition overall. NOTE: NO PAYPAL ON THIS ITEM.
26. Consignment ~ DM ~ Western G46-6 Shark blue blade, full blade, nice handle but the guard is loose. Not a high grade knife. Rough overall.
27. Consignment ~ GS~ U.S. M3 Imperial, Blade Marked. Tight guard. Excellent handle, tight pommel. Finish has been removed from blade, then polished. Blade is 6 ¾”, with no rust or pitting. Viner Bro. M-6 scabbard is very nice with 1 rivet missing at the throat. Snap strap works fine. Original leg tie down in place.
28. Consignment ~ GS~ WWII 3rd Pattern F/S. Guard marked “ENGLAND.” Pommel area marked with “1”. 6 ¾” blade has some sharpening and some light pitting, about 70% blue. Replaced scabbard.
29. Consignment ~ GS~ WWII theater US M-3 Case , Guard marked , Full blade, guard and birdshead pommel are polished bright. Smooth leather handle. Unmarked M-6 style scabbard. All near mint.
30. Consignment ~ JH~ Vietnam Era Extremely Rare “Shining Brass” Buffalo Bill Presentation Knife. Engraved blade reads, “SSG KENNETH GARDENER, FOB #2, 1966-1967”. As you know, “Shining Brass” was the project designation for clandestine incursions into Laos by SOG. (Silvey, Vietnam, Pgs. 46, 47, 49. 9 ¾” blade is polished on the engraved side. Plated on both sides. Excellent plus condition. Spots on the blade are not rust or pitting, just spots.
31. Consignment ~ JH~ Chrome 5th Special Forces Group Presentation Stiletto with original scabbard. Knife is 100%. Sheath has snap strap broken.
"Note: I Am Always Interested In Buying Your Collection"
SOLD------------------------------------------WWII Richtig Fighting Knife----Exc----The blade is 7 3/4" long with a 5 1/2"
sharpened false edge. It has some use, sharpening and some pepper spots. It
has a brass guard and pommel. The leather handle is clean and solid. It has
an extended tang and thong hole. The pommel is marked "F.J.R. / CLARKSON /
NEB.". It comes with the original leather scabbard that is complete. The
snap works fine. Ref: Cole IV pg 176 and Silvey WWII pg 210----Nice Rare
2. WWII Australian Fighting Knife With See Through Handle---Exc----The blade is
6 7/8" long and in excellent condition. The handle is cast aluminum with a
full visible tang. It comes with the original scabbard that is complete with
leather tie down and belt hooks. Ref: Cole IV pg 40 and Silvey WWII pg
61----Exc Rig-----$ 425.00
SOLD----------------------------------------------WWII 2nd Pattern
F/S---Minty---The blue blade is 6 7/8" long and unused. The guard is marked
"^B2" with a light strike on the B2. It also has the England mark. The 2nd
Pattern handle is unused. The tang nut has not been messed with. It comes
with the original scabbard that is complete. There is some stitching
separated at the elastic but the elastic is complete.----Minty Issue
SOLD---------------------------------------------------WWI 1918 Au-Lion Knuckle
Knife---The double edge blade is 6 3/8" long and has been nicely re-tipped.
The blade is in nice condition with just some light use. The brass handle
has the full guards and is the style with the groves on each side at the
top. It comes with a metal scabbard with a steel belt loop. Even though it
fits and you see this often, the scabbard was originally made for a WWI
French fighting knife that has the same blade design. Ref: Cole III pg
Randall Model 1 With Sawback Blade----Mint------The "Stainless" marked blade
is 7" long and has the "Sawback" option. The double guard is brass and
forward curved. The handle is wood and single finger grip shape. It has a
brass butt cap. It comes with a mint black military style Randall sheath
with all lacings and tie down tab. Great Randall Fighter and loaded with
options. Includes Randall zipper case---Mint----$ 650.00
6. WWII Leo Baker Fighting Knife----Very unusual Skeletal Handle Baker Fighting
Knife---The heavy blade is 6" long with some very light sharpening right at
the cutting edge and a very slight bend at the tip. It is marked "L.BAKER"
upside down on the blade. There is no rust or pitting. It has a steel double
guard. The handle is an extension of the blade being made from one piece of
steel. It comes with a scabbard that I think is original to the knife. It is
an early fold over one piece USN marked scabbard. Ref: Cole IV pg 5-7 for
other Baker knives. Very Rare Baker Knife-----$ 600.00
SOLD--------------------------------------------------WWII Australian Knuckle
Knife----The double edge blade is 6 1/8" long with light use and sharpening.
The aluminum handle is excellent with no damage. Both the blade and handle
have a bright finish. It comes with the original scabbard that has had the
throat rivets replaced and some dry cracking. Ref: Silvey WWII pg 64-----$
Vietnam Hackman Survival Knife---Minty----The heavy sawback blade is 7" long
and Mint. It is marked "Hackman Finland Stainless". The leather hollow
handle is unused. It has a screw top which allows access to the hollow
handle. It comes with the original minty sheath that is complete with
leather tie down. The sheath is marked Brazil on the back. Garcia bought
Hackman and probably made the sheaths for the Hackman knives. I have seen
several of the Hackman knives with Brazil marked sheaths. It has the
original compass-sharpening tool. It is missing part of the flint on the
side of the tool. Ref: Silvey Vietnam pg 124----Minty----$ 450.00
9. Vietnam Special Forces
Square Tip Bolo----Exc----The heavy blade is 9" long and in excellent plus
condition. There is no rust or pitting. The wood handle is excellent with
just a little staining at the rivets. It comes with the original scabbard
that is complete. There is a small tear in the leather at the top of the
belt loop. The snap works fine. Ref: Cole III pg 168 and Silvey Vietnam pg
42-----Very Nice Bolo----$ 500.00
SOLD------------------------------------------WWII Kinfolks M4
Bayonet----Mint-----The blade is 6 3/4" long and unused. The guard is marked
"U.S.M4 / K I". It also has the ordnance mark on the back side. The leather
handle is unused. It comes with a minty early M8A1 scabbard without
the metal tip. Ref: Cole III pg 107 #6-----Minty----$ 250.00
SOLD------------------------------------------Vietnam Randall Model 14 With
Riveted Sheath----Minty-----The blade is 7 1/2" long and has no use. It has
the Randall mark on one side and a name on the back side. It matches the
name on the scabbard. It has a brass guard and a black micarta handle with
an unlined thong hole. It comes with the original Johnson Roughback Riveted
sheath that is in minty condition. It is complete with original para-cord
lacings and 2-tone gray stone. Ref: Silvey Vietnam pg 59-------Minty------$
SOLD--------------------------------------------WWII Herder Commando----The single edge blade is 5" long with some stain
spots. The wood handle is marked "Herder / Phila." and held with 4 steel
pins. It comes with the original scabbard that is marked "Herder / Phila."
below the throat and "USA" in a diamond. It looks like the owner re-stitched
the sheath. The snap works fine. Ref: Cole IV pg 150-----$ 165.00
13. Chinese Military
Training Knife-----Mint----Issued for hand-to-hand combat training and knife
fighting. The rubber blade is 5 1/4" long and 9 1/4" long overall. It comes
with the original mint scabbard. Ref: Brett--Military Knife & Bayonet pg
SOLD----------------------------------------WWII OSS Smatchet-----The blade
is 11" long and actually in nice condition. It has some light sharpening
marks along the cutting edge and it looks like someone tried to clean
the blade. It retains aprox 50% original finish. The guard is solid with no
movement. The wood handles are excellent with no damage. It comes with the
original leather covered wood scabbard. The guard strap has some dry
cracking but it is all there. There is a name on the face of the scabbard.
Ref: Cole III pg 156----$ 475.00
15. Vietnam Special Forces Round
Tip Bolo----Mint---Early Mill Scale Finish----The blade is 11" long and
mint. It is the version with the blued cutting edge. The wood handles are
unused and it is complete with original leather thong. It comes with the
original sheath. The sheath is correct with the 2-rivet throat. Ref: Silvey
Vietnam pg 40----Mint-----$ 385.00
16. SOLD-------------------------------------------Middle East Commando
Style Death Head Knife----Post war knife made to commemorate a wedding in
1950. The nickel plated blade is 6" long and 11" overall. It comes with the
original scabbard and sash. Ref: Flook--British & Commonwealth Military
Knives pg 209--------$ 165.00
17. WWII Theater Fighting
Knife----The blade is 8 1/4" long with light use and a couple dark spots.
The guard is steel. The handles are wood with aluminum inserts. It comes
with the original leather scabbard that has rawhide lacings and wood
Logan-Smyth MC-1 Survival Knife----Mint In The Wrap---The knife is sealed in
the wrap---you get to open it. You might want to save the first two
pictures for your records. Ref: Cole IV pg 51------$ 145.00 each.
19. Ontario USN
Knife------This one is a puzzle to me--I really don't know what it is or
what it is for. The blade is 4 3/8" long and marked "Tru-Edge /
Ontario Knife Co.". The rounded tip section is original and was made that
way. The handle is rubber coated and marked "USN". It is in unused condition---Good Research Project---$
SOLD-----------------------------------------WWII M1 AFH Bayonet----The
blade is 10" long with light use and sharpening. It is marked "AFH / U S".
It retains aprox 50% original finish. The front portion of the guard is bent
down a tad. The plastic grips are excellent. It comes with a M7 scabbard
that is complete. Ref: Cole III pg 33 #3------$ 75.00
WWII Theater Fighting Knife----The double edge blade is 5 1/8" long with use
and sharpening. It has a steel guard and fiber handle. The handle is pinned
to the tang. It comes with the original scabbard that was made for the
knife. Marked on the face of the scabbard is "Vernon J. White /
Communication Dept / Attu Alaska / c/o Fleet C.O. / Seattle Washington". The
same info is on both sides of the scabbard.---$ 45.00
22. U.S. Rifle Model 1873 Socket
Bayonet-----The blue blade is 18" long with light use. It is marked "US". It
comes with the original scabbard that is in excellent condition with the
brass US hanger. Ref: Janzen pg 203-------$ 90.00
23. Socket Bayonet----The blade is
18" long and unmarked. The socket length is 2 5/8". It comes with a
black leather covered metal scabbard with several markings. A set of initials--another
small marking and 87. Possibly a Belgium Albini------$ 60.00
24. Western L88 Hunting
Knife----Minty With Original Box---The greased blade is 4 1/2" long and
unused. It has the Western Boulder Colo mark on one side (Vietnam Era mark)
and "L88" on the other. It comes with the original sheath and
25. Reference Book "The Skinning
Knife" by M.H.Cole. Hardbound with Dust Jacket--153 pages---First
Printing 1996----Unused----$ 25.00
80. A NEW BOOK--"US and Allied Military Knives, M3’s and M4’s”, a new book on M3’s and M4’s is now available.
There are almost 200 pages, with 140 full page, color photos. This book includes all the known M3 trench knife, M6 sheath and M4 knife-bayonet variations. It also includes descriptions of the knives and sheaths.
Written by Bill Walters with input from Vince Coniglio, this is the most comprehensive book to date on M3’s and M4’s.
This book was proudly printed in the USA.
The cost of the book is $116, including Priority Mail shipping for one book. For those of you wanting more than one copy or residing outside the US, please contact Bill to get a shipping estimate.
"A NEW BOOK"---SOG
Knife Collector is a new
book by Michael W. Silvey in the military knife series. It covers a narrow
area of collecting and helps the collector identify honest specimens and
dis-tinguish them from fakes. The for-mat is 8.5 inches by 11 inches and is
all in color. The soft cover book is less than fifty pages but includes all
the know variations of SOG knives. The information covered by this book will
be valuable to both the new and advanced collector. The printing is limited
to 2,000 copies. The book retails for $20 plus shipping. Whole-sale prices are available
82. Reference Book--KNIVES of the
6908 Diamond Court
Pollock Pines, CA 95726
84. FAKE F/S--The following information is being
presented in the hope that other collectors will not get burnt:
This additional information came from fellow collector Kerry Gordon. (thanks Kerry)
I just thought that you might like to know that you weren't the only one ever caught with one of these - not only do I have the French version but I also have one with the Belgian Rampant Lion stamped into the hilt.
The real give away with these is that the blade tang doesn't run all the way through the pommel nut, there's about two threads empty at the end of the nut. The other thing is that the brass pommel nuts are painted with gloss black paint rather than blackened.
Someone spent a lot of time and effort on these, the blades really are tinned under the blackening and the hilts are blackened brass that is reasonable well checkered.
For information or questions contact:
Send us your
Send us your "top three" wants for your collection, that way we will know what you are looking for. Send your wants to both Gary and John.
Terms of Sale
* Payment in
certified funds (Bank Checks, Money Orders)
*PAYPAL Accepted (except for knuckle knives, switchblades,
butterfly knives and other Paypal prohibited knives)
* Standard three day Inspection Period
* Buyer Pays all postage and insurance
These items are sold as a
historical and collectible items only. The items are warranted to be as described and
shown in the photographs. No guarantee or warranty is expressed or implied as to the
usability of the items for its original purpose. The buyer, certifies that he or she is of
lawful age and is not prevented by any law from the purchase or possession of these items.
The buyer is responsible for knowing, understanding and obeying all International,
Federal, State and Local laws concerning the purchase and possession of these items.
Back to Top
John Sabol's Gerber Mark II Site
U.S. Military Knives
The Dog Tag
Vietnam War Militaria
Elite Military Knives
M9 Bayonet-Survival Knife
From the Collection of John Gibson