We're a TMCX Five Star Award Winning Collector Site
to the home of Military Fighting Knives. Many of you
know us through our old knife lists and we appreciate your continued support. If
you collect fighting knives we think you'll enjoy what we have to offer. From the
common to the rare and historic, we cater to every collector. We hope you
enjoy this site and will visit it often. Please feel free to contact John at firstname.lastname@example.org or Gary at email@example.com if you have questions or need assistance. Click here to see our Terms of
"NOTE" If you would like to receive an email every time the site is updated, please click here firstname.lastname@example.org and let John know. From then on you will be notified when changes are made to the site.
NEXT SITE UPDATE: Sunday 27 MAY 2018 at 08:30 AM EST I am adding this feature so that everyone will know when the next update will occur and not wait on my update email to view the new listings.
SOLD ITEMS: All knives are available when the site is updated and are sold on a first-come first-serve basis. As knives are spoken for I immediately mark them sold.
|LAST UPDATE: 20 MAY 2018|
Knives John's Knives Miscellaneous
Send us your "Want" list !!!
The following items are being sold by Gary Ruleford email@example.com
Note : Just to be clear… Any new knives are listed in the consignor’s personal listings, and not necessarily at the top of this page.
Newly adjusted prices are marked in RED
1. Consignment ~ Mike ~ Very unique LAN-CAY M-9 bayonet. Factory coated with a gray and white splinter pattern. It could also be considered a desert camo, I suppose. Absolutely MINT with factory scabbard tip protector. $200
2. Consignment ~ AA ~ U.S.M-3 Aerial. Theater re-handle. The grooves in the handle appear to have been replaced by plexiglass. Fiber spacers at each end make me think that several mint knives were taken apart and rebuilt in the new owner’s image. Knife and M-8 scabbard are both minty. A very unique piece. $525
3. Consignment ~ AA ~ Very early KA-BAR U.S.M.C. Mark II. Theater rehandled with plexiglass and an aluminum pommel. Full blade retains about 50% of its finish. WWII period sheath. Some careful sharpening, but no grinding, bellying or abuse. $145
4. Consignment ~ AA ~ USMC PAL MKII. Blade shows a slight bellying at the rear from sharpening. No grinding. Lots of spotting on blade, but I only see a small spot of corrosion on the left side near the tip. Handle is solid and tight with one dime size hole near the pommel. U.S.N. marked leather scabbard is in very good condition. LVG marked on front. $235
5. Consignment ~ AA ~ 1986 MII Gerber Anniversary Knife. It IS made by Gerber. It DOES have a fusel handle. It IS a wasp waist blade (appears unsharpened). It DOES have a wicked canted blade. It DOES have the keeper strap coming from the right. It IS NOT $2000! Excellent condition.
6. Consignment ~ AA ~ Remington Mfg.1917 Bayonet. Plated, presumably, for parade use. Blade is full and appears unsharpened. Scabbard is original leather variety. The leather is solid but is not green, but more like black. I do not know if this is a “parade” thing or just age. A very unique piece. $125
7. Consignment ~ AA ~ Vietnam Theater Knife made from Vietnam Era 1917 GEN-CUT shotgun bayonet. Blade has been shortened to 7”. Actually it makes a very nice knife. Can still be attached to a 1917 rifle or a trench shotgun. Modified M-8A1 sheath (Throat removed). First time that I have seen one of these converted. $165
8. Consignment ~ AA ~ Vietnam Theater/Trench Knife made using a Marbles 6” Jet Pilot blade and a P.X. 1918 handle (my opinion). Actually makes a very interesting piece. Very sharp blade and false edge. Original Marbles sheath. $575
9. Consignment ~ AA ~ Vietnam Theater made M-7 modification to an M-3. Reported that this was made in a Fire Support Base outside of Kontum in V.N. Blade has been reground to a very wicked clip point. M-8A1 sheath. I have only seen one other of these V.N. theater made knives. $340
10. Consignment ~ AA ~ WWII Era Ka-Bar UDT Knife. Blade appears to be plated. Some careful sharpening. Smooth handle, pinned pommel. U.S.N. plastic sheath. Knife is in about 98% condition. $320
11. Consignment ~ BB ~ F/S 2nd Pattern B-2 Wilkinson Sword. This knife is in exceptional condition with very little blackening missing at the pommel, less missing from the knurled handle. Blade is unsharpened with about 2 % of bluing missing from the very tip. No scratches or corrosion anywhere on the blade. Guard retains 100% blue finish with a couple of very small marks on one side. Black square chape and brown leather are 100% intact, as well as the elastic band. Nicest combo that I have ever seen. $600
12. Consignment ~ BB ~ Model 1832 Foot Soldiers Artillery Sword by Ames. Dated 1839. Authenticating this sword is above my pay-grade. Even after a couple of hours on the Internet, I can say that it seems that there are more reasons to think that it is legit than to say that it is not. Sword is in excellent condition. Blade appears to have a tiny crack just above the eagle on the ricasso. Scabbard shows drying and cracking, but it remains very solid. Note all of the photos and markings. Examples online are from $1200 to $4000. We are going with the lower end. $800
13. Consignment ~ BB ~ Marbles Jet Pilot Prototype. Marbles states that their 1956 prototype was made from a modified 5” EXPERT and supplied with a commercial 5” EXPERT Marbles sheath. Proper Ferro Bluing on blade, guard and pommel. “Roller Coaster” stamping on ricasso. Blade is unsharpened and retains nearly 100% finish. Not a “one of a kind” knife but darned close to it. $975
14. Consignment ~ BB ~ SOG Presentation Bolo. Presented to Command Sergeant Major Willie L. Brown, CSM 3rd Ordinance BN- Long Bin RVN 1971-1972. Included original wood wall mounting stand with metal presentation plaque and 9 metal DI “Beer Cans” across the top of stand. $850
15. Consignment ~ BB ~ PUGH #10 SR1007. MINT condition. This is the exact knife shown on page 122 of “Silvey Vietnam Knives”. 6 1/8” blade. Johnson scabbard. NOTE: NO PAYPAL ON THIS ITEM. $2250
16. Consignment ~ BB ~ SOG Presentation Western Bowie with rosewood handle. (Pre 1968 without D-ring sheath.) Engraved “MACV SOG BRIGHT LIGHT 1965-SP4 J. WHITING”. Near MINT. Original Western scabbard.
17. Consignment ~ BB ~ 5th Special Forces Group Presentation Stiletto. Japan Sword. 95% condition. A small bit of plating discoloring on the opposite side of the blade from the engraving at the tip. $600
18. Consignment ~ BB ~ WII Smatchet. Mill scale blue blade and steel fixtures on wood handle with original leather stitched scabbard. Near MINT example with unsharpened MINT blade. $975
19. Consignment ~ BB ~ WWII Shop Made Knuckle Knife. 9 1/2” double edge blade. Handle and knuckle bow are all covered with sewn leather. All leather is in excellent condition. Leather scabbard, tooled in front and marked RLD. NOTE: NO PAYPAL ON THIS ITEM. $500
20. Consignment ~ BB ~ Conetta, MKII. About 95% condition. Proper Scabbard.
21. Consignment ~ BB ~ WWII Era John EK Knife. Model 1, number G192. Knife is in the original box with the original “YOUR SILENT PARTNER” handbook. Box is serial numbered to the knife. The other end of the box appears to be actually signed by John Ek. (Hard to read, but it is there) and 1944. Also the knife was apparently made for (also on box end) “Pvt. George Alexander.” The knife was likely never delivered as it came out of the John Ek estate. Near mint condition. Very cool piece. $2100
22. Consignment ~ BB ~ Rare Milpar aluminum handle 5” Jet Pilots Knife. Plated or polished blade. Proper scabbard and stone. All MINTY. Tough knife to find. $975
23. Consignment ~ JJ ~ Mike Silvey 8” Custom Bladed Knife with wooden handle and wooden sheath. Very high quality workmanship. Made in
24. SOLD ~ Consignment ~ JJ ~ Mike Silvey Custom Pocket Knife. Make 2010. Looks like Micata Scales. $190
25. Consignment ~ JJ ~ Silvey Slip Joint Folder. Elk horn handle. Made in 2014. 5” blade. MINT condition. $300
26. Consignment ~ JJ ~ Mike Silvey Custom “SKAGEL TYPE” Fighter. 8 ¼” blade. Brass guard, leather and fiber handle with a stag butt and an exposed tang. $525
27. Consignment ~ JJ ~ Mike Silvey Custom Dagger. 7 3/8” dagger blade with walrus ivory handle. Brass guard and pommel. $575
28. Consignment ~ JJ ~ Mike Silvey Custom 7” Dagger with bone/leather handle. Crown stag pommel with exposed tang. Double brass guard. Heavy tooled scabbard. Made 2010. A real badass dagger of the highest quality.
29. Consignment ~ JJ ~ Mike Silvey Custom Fighter. 7” long, ¼” thick blade. SAMBAR stag handle. Highest quality craftsmanship. Made 2014 riveted sheath is numbered to the knife. $550
30. Consignment ~ JJ ~ Mike Silvey Custom Fighter/Hunter with a spear point folding blade in the stag handle. 7” main blade. Made in 2010. Silvey made sheath. $375
31. Consignment ~ JJ ~ Mike Silvey made custom fighting knife. 8 ¼” blade. Walrus ivory handle. Made in 2014. Silvey leather sheath. MINT. $600
32. Consignment ~ JJ ~ Mike Silvey Custom Fighter. 7 ½” blade, brass guard. Multi colored spacers, leather, crown stag. Made in 2007. Tooled scabbard. MINT. $500
33. Consignment ~ JJ ~ Mike Silvey Boot Knife. 4 ¾” Blade. Wood handle. Tooled sheath. MINT. Made 2006. $140
Consignment ~ PP ~ Mission “Cut-Outs’ from late 1994. An interesting addition to an early Mission Knives Collection. $175
34. Consignment ~ PP ~ WWII Era Knife Crafters sword knife. Unique with a 5 ½” blade. Blade is in perfect condition with zero spotting or corrosion. Guard is marked “HOWARD SNADERS” on one edge and “H.K.S.” on the other edge. Leather handle is in excellent plus condition and marked with the Knife Crafters logo. Scabbard also marked with Knife Crafters logo. Excellent plus piece overall. $950
35. Consignment PP ~ SOG Marine Recon. Round pommel version, NEAR MINT condition. Blade marked. KIFFEE JAPAN. Original 4 rivet sheath. Beautiful example. $875
36. Consignment ~ PP ~ MPK Mission High Visibility Orange Handle and Scabbard. #5 of 15 produced in original box. Details in a letter from Homer Brett. $2400
37. Consignment ~ PP ~ 1st Special Service Force Case V-42. Knife is in near MINT condition retaining 100% original Case bluing. Unsharpened blade retains its needle sharp point. Pommel retains sharp point on skull crusher. Handle is 100% with no cracks, dings or dents. Guard retains 100% of the leather backing. This piece comes with a very nice reproduced sheath as well as an original showing more use. $6900
38. Consignment ~ PP ~ SOG Presentation Round Tip Bolo. Presented to CSM Myron Bowser, SOA (CCC) 5th SFGA, KONTUM Vietnam. Command Sergeant Major Bowser is pictured in Sutherland’s Special Forces of the United States Army 1952-82, Page 286. Copy of page is included with the original picture of CSM Bowser and 5 issues of “Special Forces” magazine, “Liberator”. Bolo is in MINT condition. This is a “One of a kind” piece of SOG history! $1825
39. Consignment ~ PP ~ Ultra Rare WWII OSS Escape Knife. No 5 Standard issue Escape Knife. Described in Cole’s Book III, Page 158. Believed made by Joseph Rogers & Sons. Main blade has been sharpened some. Wire cutter, metal saw & 4th blade are as issued. Double bail. Small bit of corrosion on outside scales. $1700
40. Consignment ~ PP ~ Camillus Presentation Pilots Knife with mobile Riverine Force “beer can” on pommel. Right side engraved “U.S. NAVY HAL-3TF 117” (a helicopter rescue unit). Left side is engraved “SEAWOLVES”. Comes with mobile Riverine Force/Mekong Delta patch and HEL-3/5-Seawolves unit patch. Very rare “brown water” Navy set. $750
41. Consignment ~ PP ~ Conetta MKII. Unsharpened, uncarried condition. Scabbard stenciled “31” on front. $155
42. Consignment ~ PP ~ Buck 120. Near MINT condition. $110
43. Consignment ~ PP ~ Colonial MK-1 Prototype. Clear plastic handle. MK-1 scabbard. No markings. Bright finish. $375
44. Consignment ~ PP ~ Mission MPK. OD green with two types of sheaths (old and new) included in original boxes. $1800
45. Consignment ~ PP ~ Vietnam Special Forces Square Tip NATA. Near mint with proper scabbard. One nick in the edge of the blade. $260
46. Consignment ~ PP ~ Mission MPT (Titanium) #16 of 100 1997, in original shipping box. 100% MINT. $1000
47. Consignment ~ PP ~ Mission MPK-NS (no serrations) . Anodized titanium. Second shipment 1996. 1 of 25 produced, in original box, and shipping box. Letter from Homer Brett. $1250
48. Consignment ~ PP~ Western Shark. Bright blade is full. No sharpening marks. Bright steel guard. Handle is 100% with no cracking or loose washers. Pommel is 100% as well. One piece, double stitched original Western sheath. Excellent condition. $175
49. Consignment ~ PP ~ Vietnam Era Parsons Prototype Knuckle Knife. Blade is covered with protective grease and cheese cloth. A MINT specimen! Blue FS blade. Handle is stamped Parsons on one side and #17 on the butt. This the same knife pictured on page 127 of Silvey’s Vietnam Knife book. Proof sheet from the book is included, as well as a letter from Kevin Parsons authenticating the knife. NOTE: NO PAYPAL ON THIS ITEM. $1900
50. Consignment~ PP ~ Complete set of “on shore” Beryllum, Non magnetic, non sparking EOD tools. Knife, pliers, cutting dikes and two probes. This is the first complete set that I have seen! Each piece is serial numbered as a set 2113228 with a suffix A thru E which you can see most of in the pictures. $ $300
51. Consignment ~ PP ~ Collins 127 Machete, Green Horn Handle Variety. Proper tooled original leather sheath. 17” blade is full. No rust or pitting some sharpening marks at the edge. Horn handle is excellent condition. $100
52. Consignment ~ PP ~ SOG/CIA Thaidam Bolo with original wood scabbard. Blade marked 1964 with STAR. MINT, unused knife. Paperwork included. This knife includes an article by Gary Boyd from Tactical Knives Magazine. Also includes photos of CIS Field officers and South Vietnamese “CIA: Counterparts wearing the knives. A short letter from Gary Boyd to John Gibson is included. Condition is MINT—PERFECT. This is the only one that I have ever seen. $700
53. Consignment ~ PP ~ Mission MPF Non Magnetic Titanium Folder. MINT in original box with original wax paper. $600
54. Consignment ~ PP ~ Vietnam Era Parsons Knuckle Knife. Unmarked handle. M-7 style blade. M8A1 sheath. Both near MINT. NOTE: NO PAYPAL ON THIS ITEM. $600
55. Consignment ~ PP ~ Vietnam Era Gerber Grey Handle, MKII. Very early 1972. Serial #023774. Sheath missing steel pocket and keeper strap. Knife and sheath are excellent plus (other than the missing scabbard parts). Wasp waist with fine serrations. $400
56. Consignment ~ PP ~ Vietnam Era Tru-Bal Battle Blade made by Harry McEvoy. 7 ½” Blade. Original sheath. MINT condition. $175
57. Consignment ~ PP ~ WWII SMATCHET. Bright blade version with steel fixtures on wood handle. Original leather scabbard in excellent condition both straps intact and working. Unsharpened MINT bright blade. $950
58. Consignment ~ PP ~ Hackman Finland 7” Blade Fighter with original: fishhook, line, matches, surgical blade and sand paper inside of the handle. Knife and sheath are MINT. $425
59. Consignment ~ DM ~ Farbairn Sykes 3rd Pattern. Blade has most of its bluing with edges slightly sharpened. Bright wear along both spines. Guard is oval and blued. Marked England. Handle is blackened with some copper wash showing through handle near guard and has a Broad Arrow mark and below it is the letter B. Top of handle has a raised number 4. Low top nut. A couple of what appear to be aluminum paint spots on handle. Comes with original sheath. Square black chape. I cannot see where tabs were ever present. Leather at the bottom of belt loop is very dry and not attached. $300
60. Consignment ~ DM ~ 10/23 ~ USN Mark II. Blade marked US Navy, RH PAL 37. Full blade appears unsharpened, but has many spots of rust. This knife has been rehandled with stacked leather washers and red and grey spacers at each end. Handle has nicely beveled edges. Feels good in the hand. Guard and pommel are aluminum. Pommel is somewhat interesting in design and is pinned on. Comes with plastic USN MK II sheath. $100
61. Consignment ~NK~ 8.28 ~ 1918 Plumb Bolo with proper A-K-CO sheath. Blade retains 80% or better of the bluing, and has been carefully sharpened. Grips appear to me to be replacements.
62. Consignment ~NK~ 6/12 ~ WWII MK-II, KA-BAR Mfg. Parkerized blade is full and shows only careful sharpening. Handle is near mint. Proper U.S.N. plastic scabbard has a small crack on the right side, near the tip.
63. Consignment ~NK~ 5/29 ~ USM-3 Imperial. Blade marked. Blade is full 6 ¾” and appears unsharpened. Retaining about 99% of the parkerized finish with scabbard (M-8 A-1) wear only. Leather handle is a little loose, but is solid with no cracked or missing washers.
64. Consignment ~NK~ 5/22 ~ Vietnam Era Buffalo Bill Knife. Absolutely Mint. Customary plated blade is in perfect condition. 9 ½” blade. Nickel silver choil, and native wood handle is tight and in perfect condition.
65. Consignment ~NK~ 5/22 ~ Vietnam Era “MARINE RECON” Knife. Rounded pommel version. Blade retains 100% of original finish. Marked KIFFE JAPAN. Minty handle and scabbard.
66. Consignment ~ GS~ U.S. M3 Imperial, Blade Marked. Tight guard. Excellent handle, tight pommel. Finish has been removed from blade, then polished. Blade is 6 ¾”, with no rust or pitting. Viner Bro. M-6 scabbard is very nice with 1 rivet missing at the throat. Snap strap works fine. Original leg tie down in place.
67. Consignment ~ GS~ WWII 3rd Pattern F/S. Guard marked “ENGLAND.” Pommel area marked with “1”. 6 ¾” blade has some sharpening and some light pitting, about 70% blue. Replaced scabbard.
68. Consignment ~ GS~ WWII theater US M-3 Case , Guard marked , Full blade, guard and birdshead pommel are polished bright. Smooth leather handle. Unmarked M-6 style scabbard. All near mint.
69. Consignment ~ JH~ Vietnam Era Extremely Rare “Shining Brass” Buffalo Bill Presentation Knife. Engraved blade reads, “SSG KENNETH GARDENER, FOB #2, 1966-1967”. As you know, “Shining Brass” was the project designation for clandestine incursions into Laos by SOG. (Silvey, Vietnam, Pgs. 46, 47, 49. 9 ¾” blade is polished on the engraved side. Plated on both sides. Excellent plus condition. Spots on the blade are not rust or pitting, just spots.
"Note: I Am Always Interested In Buying Your Collection"
REDUCED PRICES ARE HIGHLIGHTED IN YELLOW
1. SOLD---------------------------------------Vietnam Parsons Knuckle
Knife-----Mint----This is the unmarked version with a M7 bayonet blade. The
M7 blade is 6 5/8" long and unused. The aluminum knuckle handle is mint with
no damage. It comes with a mint M8A1 scabbard that is complete. Ref: Silvey
Vietnam pg 128-----$ 450.00
2. Mission Knives Prototype MPK -- SCU II No. "6 of 6"------Mint In The Box----This
MPK--SCU II "SEAL Combat
Utility" knife was made in the Fall of 1995 with the purpose of testing and
evaluation by the USMC. Only 6 knives were made. It is complete with early
scabbard, leg straps and box. The box is marked to the knife on the end. It
also comes with a letter from Rick Schultz detailing the knife. The heavy
blade is 7" long with a bead blasted finish. Mint Rare Knife------$ 1275.00--------$875.00
3. SOLD---------------------------------- WWII 2nd Pattern
F/S----Minty----The blue black blade is 6 3/4" long and unused. It has the
early v-cut at the ricasso. The guard is marked England and a partial "^B2".
The 2nd pattern knurled handle is in near mint condition. The tang nut has
not been messed with. It comes with the original minty scabbard that is
complete-----Nice F/S------$ 750.00
SOLD--------------------------------------Vietnam Marine Recon
Knife----Minty----The blue blade is 6" long and unused. It is marked "Kiffe
/ Japan" at the ricasso. The leather handle is unused and has the black
spacers at each end. It also has the original leather thong. It comes with
the original black leather scabbard. There is a cut at the tip of the
scabbard from the blade. Both snaps work fine. Ref: Silvey Vietnam pg
5. Romanian Paratrooper
Knife----Exact Knife Pictured In Book-----The double edge blade is 5 1/4"
long with a blunted tip. The blade has sharpening marks. The wood handle has
just a couple minor dings. It comes with the original scabbard that is
complete with no damage. This is the exact knife pictured on page 367 of
Homer Brett's --The Military Knife & Bayonet book-------$ 150.00
6. WWII Theater Fighting Knife-----The bowie style blade is 8 3/8" long with a
little use and sharpening. The handle is one piece cast aluminum with a
thong hole. The handle has Japanese characters on both sides. It comes with
the original leather scabbard. Neat Piece That Needs Researched-----$ 150.00--------$95.00
SOLD----------------------------------------Vietnam Randall Model 2----Minty-----The double edge blade is 8" long and
unused. It does have some light carbon spots and a name on the back side. It
has a double brass guard and commando shaped leather handle. It comes with
an early tight stitched Johnson Roughback sheath that is in minty condition.
It also comes with a Norton Abrasive 2-part stone. The Norton Abrasive
marked stone was used mainly in the 50's, so I would date this knife to the
early 60's.-----Nice Rig----$ 675.00
WWII-Korean War Era Aluminum Grip M4 Bayonet----Exc Plus---The blade is 6 5/8"
long with only scabbard marks. The guard is marked "U.S.M4 / Imperial". The
grips are aluminum and blackened. It comes with a M8A1 scabbard that is
complete.-----Ref: Cole III pg 111 and Cole IV pg 192-------Exc Plus and
WWII Cattaraugus 225Q------The blade is 6 1/8" long with some sharpening
marks. There is no rust or pitting. The leather handle is clean and solid.
It comes with the original scabbard and the snap works fine. Ref: Cole III
pg 65------$ 135.00
10. Camillus Mark 2 with
Experimental Navy Scabbard-----The knife is marked "U.S. / Camillus" and has
some light sharpening along the cutting edge. The scabbard is mint and is
the first version with the velcro closure. The grip strap was changed to a
snap closure after sand would clog the velcro. Ref: Cole IV pg 81 and Silvey
41-91 pg 63-----$ 175.00
WWII Case Army Air Force Survival Machete----Exc Plus----The blue blade is
10" long with some rub marks from the blade guard. There are a couple spots
on the back side towards the tip. The wood handles are excellent. It comes
with the original and minty blade guard. Ref: Cole III pg 139------$ 150.00
Vietnam Special Forces Round Tip Bolo-----Mint----Early bolo with the mill
scale finish. It also has the straw color finish to the edge. Includes the
original early 2-rivet mint scabbard. Also included is the original plastic
bag blade cover (rairly see these). Ref: Cole III pg 168 and Silvey Vietnam
pg 40------Mint----$ 550.00
SOLD--------------------------------------Vietnam Camillus Pilot Knife-----Pre 67-----Mint----The blade is 5" long and
marked "Camillus / N.Y." at the ricasso. The leather handle is unused. It
comes with the original sheath that is complete with Norton stone and
original leather lacings. Ref: Cole III pg 148----Mint------$ 150.00
14. Hungarian AKM
Bayonet----Mint------I believe this is an Hungarian Bayonet-----It is mint
and complete.---$ 50.00----------This
is a Hungarian 6H3 with the suspension fob...missing on most Hungarians .
There are two variants. The more common has the face of the cutter plate
flat with that of the scabbard body. There are no serial numbers (although
some are stamped FEG and have a import address on the crossguard). These
were commercial bayonets for the Hungarian AKs imported to the US. The
second variant has the cutter plate beveled at a higher plane than the face
of the scabbard. Both bayonet crossguard & scabbard blade stop will be
serial numbered. These were military issued ones. The improvement in the
cutter plate was adopted by several other countries. It provided more
clearance between blade and face of scabbard. This additional info provided
by our friend Fred Marut.-------Mint-----$50.00
15. 1976 Gerber Mark II------Exc-----The
blade is 6 7/8" long with some light sharpening and scratches. It is
numbered "054109". There are some light rub marks on the guard and pommel.
The grey handle is perfect. It comes with the minty original dark green
scabbard that is complete with original leather lacings.----$ 375.00
16. WWII Fighting Knife----Exc
Plus-----This is one of the butcher knives that was converted to a fighting
knife for the War effort. The sturdy blade is 7" long and in excellent
condition. It has a brass guard and original wood handles that had finger
grooves added. Also added was a thong hole and leather thong. Probably the
best part of the whole rig is the scabbard. They cut down a WWII USMC
Medical Corpsmen scabbard. Had to be a ton of work to narrow it and then
re-sew it. They even cut down the brass throat.-----Neat Rig------$ 175.00
SOLD--------------------------------------------------Model 1905 Bayonet With Model
1910 scabbard-----The blade is 16" long with some sharpening. Most of the
original finish is gone. It is marked "S A / 1906" on one side and "US /
160044" on the other. The wood grips are solid with some minor dings. It
comes with a Model 1910 scabbard that is in nice condition except for the
worn tip. Ref: Cole III pg 28-29-------$ 300.00
18. Gerber 20th Anniversary
1966-1986 Mark II-----Mint In The Box----The knife has the canted blade and fusal handle. It is numbered "0420". It comes with original box and also a
wooden wall display box. Not sure that I have seen the wooden display piece
before. Neat mint set that is complete.----$ 625.00---------$425.00
SOLD-------------------------------------------French Dive Knife----The blade
is 6 3/4" long with a serrated cutting edge. It has use and sharpening. The
handle is marked "Inox / Made In France". It comes with the original French
made scabbard. Probably from the 70's-80's-----$ 45.00
41. Randall African Big Five
Set-----Mint----Set number "9" and made in 2009 with only 100 sets made.
Each knife has an Ivory Micarta handle that has been scrimshawed by Ron
Skaggs. Each knife also includes a custom exotic leather sheath. Also
included is a print of the original photograph used in the advertisement,
plus a color copy of the full advertisement. The knives and sheaths
are: Model 25-5" with a Brown Crocodile sheath, Model 27-5 3/4" with a
Ostrich sheath, Model 3-5" with a Black Crocodile sheath, Model 23-4 1/2"
with a Zebra sheath and a Model 12-6" with a Cape Buffalo sheath. Original
marked zipper cases included. Early Mint Set-----$ 5500.00----------------$3625.00
SOLD------------------------------------------Vietnam 1969 Gerber Mark
II----Excellent-----The blade is 6 3/4" long with just a little sharpening
marks. There is no rust or pitting. The black guard and pommel have a couple
rub marks. The grey handle is also excellent with just a couple rub marks.
It comes with the original scabbard that is missing the belt hooks but has para cord lacing and a Gerber steel------$ 625.00
SOLD------------------------------------------------WWII Ribbed and Roped
F/S----Minty-----The blue-black blade is 6 3/4" long and unused. The guard
has the England mark. The handle has the scarce variation of ribbed and
roped rings. It also has the scarce variation of the large pommel. It comes
with the original scabbard that is complete except for a separated elastic.
The scabbard also has the England mark-----Ref: Flook--The F-S fighting Knife & Other Commando Knives pg 131-----Scarce
Commemorative 1997 Set-----Mint In The Box---The set is complete with
original box, wooden display plaque, book, papers and signed picture. The
only odd thing is that the knives are numbered 0184 and the papers are
numbered 0304. -------$ 450.00--------$350.00
A NEW BOOK OUT ON: “THE MODEL 1918 MARK 1 TRENCH KNIFE AND VARIATIONS" by Greg Aloisio, 306 pages, hardcover large format. Many never before seen period photos with the knife being worn as well as the examination of the various makers by distinguishing differences in maker’s marks and font patterns. (John's comment: Outstanding book for the beginning and advanced collector)
Book is priced at $55 plus shipping and handling. Limited printing of 300 copies. Contact Greg at: firstname.lastname@example.org
A NEW BOOK--"US and Allied Military Knives, M3’s and M4’s”, a new book on M3’s and M4’s is now available.
There are almost 200 pages, with 140 full page, color photos. This book includes all the known M3 trench knife, M6 sheath and M4 knife-bayonet variations. It also includes descriptions of the knives and sheaths.
Written by Bill Walters with input from Vince Coniglio, this is the most comprehensive book to date on M3’s and M4’s.
This book was proudly printed in the USA.
The cost of the book is $116, including Priority Mail shipping for one book. For those of you wanting more than one copy or residing outside the US, please contact Bill to get a shipping estimate.
This additional information came from fellow collector Kerry Gordon. (thanks Kerry)
I just thought that you might like to know that you weren't the only one ever caught with one of these - not only do I have the French version but I also have one with the Belgian Rampant Lion stamped into the hilt.
The real give away with these is that the blade tang doesn't run all the way through the pommel nut, there's about two threads empty at the end of the nut. The other thing is that the brass pommel nuts are painted with gloss black paint rather than blackened.
Someone spent a lot of time and effort on these, the blades are tinned under the blackening and the hilts are blackened brass that is reasonable well checkered.
For information or questions contact:
Send us your
Send us your "top three" wants for your collection, that way we will know what you are looking for. Send your wants to both Gary and John.
Terms of Sale
* Payment in
certified funds (Bank Checks, Money Orders)
*PAYPAL Accepted (except for knuckle knives, switchblades,
butterfly knives and other Paypal prohibited knives)
* Standard three day Inspection Period
* Buyer Pays all postage and insurance
These items are sold as a
historical and collectible items only. The items are warranted to be as described and
shown in the photographs. No guarantee or warranty is expressed or implied as to the
usability of the items for its original purpose. The buyer, certifies that he or she is of
lawful age and is not prevented by any law from the purchase or possession of these items.
The buyer is responsible for knowing, understanding and obeying all International,
Federal, State and Local laws concerning the purchase and possession of these items.
Back to Top
Military & Antique Knives
John Sabol's Gerber Mark II Site
U.S. Military Knives
The Dog Tag
Vietnam War Militaria
Elite Military Knives
M9 Bayonet-Survival Knife
From the Collection of John Gibson