We're a TMCX Five Star Award Winning Collector Site
to the home of Military Fighting Knives. Many of you
know us through our old knife lists and we appreciate your continued support. If
you collect fighting knives we think you'll enjoy what we have to offer. From the
common to the rare and historic, we cater to every collector. We hope you
enjoy this site and will visit it often. Please feel free to contact John at firstname.lastname@example.org or Gary at email@example.com if you have questions or need assistance. Click here to see our Terms of
"NOTE" If you would like to receive an email every time the site is updated, please click here firstname.lastname@example.org and let John know. From then on you will be notified when changes are made to the site.
NEXT SITE UPDATE: Sunday 11 OCT 2015 at 08:30 AM EST I am adding this feature so that everyone will know when the next update will occur and not to wait on my update email to view the new listings.
SOLD ITEMS: All knives are available when the site is updated and are sold on a first-come first-serve basis. As knives are spoken for I immediately mark them sold.
|LAST UPDATE: 04 OCT 2015|
Knives John's Knives Miscellaneous
Send us your "Want" list !!!
The following items are being sold by Gary Ruleford email@example.com
1. SOLD________________________Consignment ~DM ~Australian Heavy Knuckle Knife. Handle is heavy metal alloy and is lightly marked Gregory Steel Products made in Australia. Blade is 5 ½” long and 1 ¼” wide, sharpened on the top for and up cut and 2” sharpened on the bottom. Sheath is unique and original to the knife. Back of sheath is marked 1942, owner name, U.S. Army Australia. This knife is shown in Silvey’s Book of Knives of the U.S. Military WWII, page 60. Blade has light peppered rust spots on both sides. NOTE: NO PAYPAL ON THIS ITEM.
2. Consignment ~ DM ~ Pal Blade Co. Double Edged Combat Knife. This knife is shown in Mike Silvey’s Book of Knives of the U.S.Military WWII, page 202. Blade appears to be made from modified 1942 bayonet tip. It is 4 ¾” long with blood grooves. The steel double cross guard and handle are same as Pal RH36 and pommel is from Pal Mark I. No sheath. Silvey states that this knife was almost certainly make by Pal Blade Co. Rare Knife.
3. Consignment ~ DM ~ Shop or Theater Made Fighting Knife. Blade is Bowie style 7” long. Made from ¼” stock at the hilt. Blade is thinner and well made. Guard and butt cap appear to be made of stainless steel or nickel. Guard is
2 ¾” and diamond shaped at both ends. Handle is made of black and white spacers with middle sections may be made from black fiber material. Butt cap is nicely made champagne cork shaped. Sheath is double stitched heavy but soft pliable leather and original to the knife. Really nice knife.
4. Consignment ~ DM ~ Australian Commando Knife with no sheath. Blade is 5 ¾” long and has pitting and old dark marks on the blade. Blade is marked and hard to read GREEGSTEEL 1944 is what it should read. Wood handles with steel rivets. Guard is steel and has rust on it. These knives are shown in Ron Flook’s Book British and Commonwealth Military Knives, pages 174, 175 & 177.
5. Vietnam Era Puma Bowie Knife. Circa 1970. It was told to me that this knife was carried by a door gunner in the 1st Air Cav. based out of AnKhe. Very good plus condition with some spotting on both sides but no pitting that I can see. Mostly just spotting. Very sharp but all honest wear. The stud for hold down strap is missing. The strap and scabbard are very soft and supple. You can’t really see how the stud pulled out, but it’s not there. The stag handles are solid with no cracks or chips. A very nice piece overall.
6. WWII Era Colonial USN MK-I full blade retains most of its finish except for the tip of the blade, which is thinning a little. Blade shows careful sharpening if any. This is the poured lead pommel variety. Period scabbard fits very nicely, but it may not be original to this particular MK-I. Very nice piece.
7. Marto Brewer Combat-Survival Knife. Blade retains about 80% original bluing. Handle about the same. Handle contains the working compass and survival gear tube. Water purification tabs turned to dust. Replaced 7” scabbard.
8. Consignment ~ DS ~ WWII Stone Knuckle Knife. Unique with emerald green eyes. 6 ½” blade appears to be theater made as it doesn’t look like any production blade that I can identify. Blade has plenty of scratches but no rust or pitting and is very sharp. Heavy harness leather period scabbard appears to be waxed with supple and solid leather, no cracking and snap strap functions. GI belt hanger. This scabbard was obviously made for and carried with this knife. NOTE: NO PAYPAL ON THIS ITEM.
9. Vietnam Era 6” Marbles Jet Pilot Knife. No doubt one of 5000 supplied to the US Navy at the beginning of the Jet Pilot knife era. Full 6” blade shows some sharpening, but no rust or grinding. Guard, handle and pommel are tight. Top of pommel shows some small degree of corrosion. Proper scabbard complete with stone. Scabbard is supple, no cracks and snap strap works fine.
10. Consignment ~ DM ~ Western Shark Knife. Blade is 3 line Western Mark. Blade is dark and pitted. Handle is unusual in that it is made from a single piece coco-bolo, and it is made the same way the Western M-31 para USMC knife.
12. WWII Era Bayonet grips. Black, unused condition. I don’t think that these have ever been on a bayonet.
15. Consignment ~ TV ~ WWII Era E.G. Waterman. Plated 6 3/8” Sawback blade appears unsharpened, but does have quite a bit of plating “leaching.” No rust or pitting. Wood handle has 2 cracks
(typical) and has carved “KC” in one side. Tight guard and pommel. Excellent original left hand sheath.
16. Consignment ~ DS ~ WWII Era (Baby) Small Ranger Knife and Scabbard. Pacific Theater. 6 ¼” blade has some spotting, but only very little pitting. Very good plus condition overall. Proper scabbard in excellent condition overall. NOTE: NO PAYPAL ON THIS ITEM.
17. Consignment ~ GJ ~ Wood handled Fighting Knife with a 5 ¼” blade made in the style of a Hitler Youth Knife Blade. Ricasso marked “WHITBY” (?). Made in Solingen. Handle is wood with copper, steel plates fitted into handle. Lead washer at guard added for weight. Lots of time and work in this one.
18. Korean War Era US M-4 Kinfolks Inc. M-1 carbine bayonet conversion to wood handle. Appears unissued since arsenal rework. Parkerized blade has one small nick. Proper painted guard and pommel show some slight flaking. Proper M8 A-1 period scabbard. Excellent plus condition overall.
19. Consignment ~ DM ~ Western G46-6 Shark blue blade, full blade, nice handle but the guard is loose. Not a high grade knife. Rough overall.
20. Consignment ~ GS~ U.S. M3 Imperial, Blade Marked. Tight guard. Excellent handle, tight pommel. Finish has been removed from blade, then polished. Blade is 6 ¾”, with no rust or pitting. Viner Bro. M-6 scabbard is very nice with 1 rivet missing at the throat. Snap strap works fine. Original leg tie down in place.
21. Consignment GS~ WWII Kabar 6” Commando. 5 7/8” bright blade appears to be unsharpened except for the ¾” tip where some sharpening is evident. Original scabbard is very nice and is intact. Guard, handle and pommel are tight.
22. Consignment ~ GS~ WWII 3rd Pattern F/S. Guard marked “ENGLAND.” Pommel area marked with “1”. 6 ¾” blade has some sharpening and some light pitting, about 70% blue. Replaced scabbard.
23. Consignment ~ GS~ WWII theater US M-3 Case , Guard marked , Full blade, guard and birdshead pommel are polished bright. Smooth leather handle. Unmarked M-6 style scabbard. All near mint.
24. US M-6 Bayonet, Aerial Cutlery Co. New in original box and wrapper. Package dated May 1961. Bayonet only—no scabbard was shipped in this package. Package has been carefully opened.
25. Consignment ~ JH~ Vietnam Era Extremely Rare “Shining Brass” Buffalo Bill Presentation Knife. Engraved blade reads, “SSG KENNETH GARDENER, FOB #2, 1966-1967”. As you know, “Shining Brass” was the project designation for clandestine incursions into Laos by SOG. (Silvey, Vietnam, Pgs. 46, 47, 49. 9 ¾” blade is polished on the engraved side. Plated on both sides. Excellent plus condition. Spots on the blade are not rust or pitting, just spots.
26. Consignment ~ JH~ Chrome 5th Special Forces Group Presentation Stiletto with original scabbard. Knife is 100%. Sheath has snap strap broken.
"Note: I Am Always Interested In Buying Your Collection"
SOLD------------------------------------------------WWII Australian Knuckle Knife----Nice----The blade is 9 1/2" long with light
use, sharpening along the cutting edge and a very slight bend to the tip. The
aluminum handle is in excellent condition and is cast to the blade. It comes
with the original buckle style scabbard. The buckle and strap are complete
and the scabbard is in excellent plus condition. Ref: Cole IV pg 40 and Silvey WWII pg 71------Rare Original Knife & Sheath---$ 650.00
Note: No Paypal On This Item.
SOLD-------------------------------------------------WWII Camillus Mark 2-----Mint-----The blade is 7" long and mint. The guard
has the Camillus mark. The leather handle is unused. It comes with a mint USN MK2 scabbard. Ref: Cole III pg 87 #16-----$ 185.00
WWII Unmarked M3 With L&C Scabbard----Minty----No doubt made by Imperial.
The blade is 6 1/2" long and unused. The guard has a very faint marking---I
think mis-marked. The handle
has an early black spacer at the top and a brown one at the bottom. The
leather handle is mint. It comes with a WWII M6 L&C scabbard that has had
the L&C marking stamped out. It also has had a piece of leather put over the
throat staples. This was done to sell the set commercially. Ref: Cole III pg
13 and pg 106 #5-----Minty Set----$ 275.00
4. Hollow Handle Fighting
Knife---Mint-----The heavy steel sawback blade is 7 1/4" long and unused. It
is marked "Comando" on the blade and "322" at the ricasso. The other side is
marked "Arsenal". It has a heavy steel guard and steel butt cap. It is
a hollow handle knife with room to store survival items. It is interesting
to note that the knurled handle is not magnetic. It comes with a mint heavy
leather scabbard. Unfortunately I do not know much about the knife. I have
seen one other that had a sticker saying made in Bulgaria. Unusual and well
made knife-------Mint-------$ 275.00
WWII Kabar Fighting Knife-----Exc Plus----The blade is 6" long and retains
99% original finish. There is a rub mark on one side near the ricasso. The
guard is marked "Ka-Bar / Olean,NY". The leather handle is unused.
There are some initials very lightly marked on the handle It comes with the
original sheath that was decorated by the owner. Marked USAF on the front
and a set of wings and "Barberton / Ohio" on the back. Ref: Cole III pg 67
WWII Ring & Bead F/S--Issue Knife----The blade is just a tad shy of 6 3/4"
long. It has some very fine sharpening and the finish has thinned. The guard
has the England mark. The handle is in nice condition and is marked "^12" at
the base. It comes with a scarce scabbard with the "Rau" marked grip strap.
Ref: Flook-British & Commonwealth Military Knives pg 64------$ 550.00
7. Vietnam Era Delta Knife-----The
blade is 6 1/2" long with use, sharpening and a bend. The gray handle has
some minor dings. It comes with a much later leather scabbard. Ref: Cole IV
pg 62-----$ 135.00
8. SOLD-----------------------------------------Vietnam era Vulcan Dive
Knife----The sawback blade is 5" long and marked "U.S. Divers / Vulcan". The
blade has use and sharpening. The plastic handle has no damage. It comes
with a USN MK1 scabbard.------$ 40.00
SOLD----------------------------------------WWII Pal USMC----The blade is 6
7/8" long and marked "PAL" on one side and "USMC" on the other. The blade is
actually in excellent condition. The leather has a set of initials carved
into it. The pommel has been replaced. It comes with a well worn "PAL BLADE
CO" marked scabbard. Ref: Cole III pg 92------$ 85.00
SOLD------------------------------------------------Randall Non-Catalog Triathlete------Mint-----The
Stainless marked blade is 3 1/8" long and 6 1/2" overall. It comes with the
original Randall marked black leather scabbard with belt clip. Neat little
11. WWII Theater Fighting
Knife---The heavy blade is 8" long and in nice condition. It has a brass
guard with fiber handles on a full tang knife. It comes with the original
scabbard that is missing the grip strap but in very nice condition.----$
SOLD---------------------------------------Sanssouci Mark 2---Mint----The
blade is 6 3/4" long and mint. The guard has the Sanssouci D.R. mark. The
smooth leather handle is unused. It comes with a mint dark brown
leather sheath. Ref: Cole IV pg 199-----Mint------$ 175.00
SOLD---------------------------------------------WWII Robeson Mark 2----The
blade is 7" long with sharpening on the cutting edge and false edge. It is
marked "Robeson Shuredge" on one side and "U.S.N. / Mark 2" on the other.
The leather handle has some minor dings but is solid. It comes with a USN
MK2 scabbard that is missing the grip strap. Ref: Cole III pg 87 #10-------$
SOLD----------------------------------------Vietnam Buck 119----Exc----The
blade is 6" long with some very light sharpening marks. It is marked "BUCK /
U.S.A." at the ricasso. This mark started in 1968. It comes with the
original Buck marked scabbard that is in excellent condition.-------$ 85.00
Bayonet----Mint---The blade is 7 1/4" long and unused. It is marked "M9 /
Lan-Cay / USA" at the ricasso. Dark green round grip and scabbard. Scabbard
is marked "Lan-Cay" and has the Bianchi clip. This M9 is from the 1st
17. WWII Theater Knuckle
Knife----The Knuckle knife is made from a Model 1910 Springfield Bolo. The
blade is 10 " long and ground into a nice clip point blade--very well done.
The handle is in excellent condition with a neat set of knucks brazed on. It
comes with a really nice, original and well made leather sheath that is
complete. -----Neat Knuckle Knife----$ 475.00
Note: No Paypal On This Item.
18. Vietnam Special Forces Round
Tip Bolo----Mint---Early Mill Scale Finish----The blade is 11" long and
mint. It is the version with the blued cutting edge. The wood handles are
unused and it is complete with original leather thong. It comes with the
original sheath. The sheath is correct with the 2-rivet throat. Ref: Silvey
Vietnam pg 40----Mint-----$ 525.00
19. WWII Australian V44 Type
Fighting Knife With See-Thru Handle----The blade is 9 3/8" long with very
light sharpening marks just at the cutting edge. It has a couple surface
spots and some staining----otherwise the blade is quite nice. The aluminum
handle is in excellent condition. It comes with the original scabbard that
is complete with buckle type grip strap----Excellent Plus condition original
scabbard. Ref: Cole IV pg 40 and Silvey WWII pg
68-----Rare Knife-----$ 575.00
20. Vietnam Era 60's Czech VZ-58
Bayonet----The blade is 6 3/4" long and has some light use. The one handle
has a minor chip on the end. It comes with the original scabbard that is in
excellent condition. Ref: Brett--Military Knives & Bayonets pg 82----$
21. WWII M3 Imperial & M6 L&C
Scabbard---De-milled-----Minty----The blade is 6 3/4" long and mint. The
guard has had the Imperial mark removed. The leather handle has the brown
plastic spacers at each end and is mint. The pommel has the ordnance mark
that has been x'd out. It comes with a WWII M6 L&C scabbard that has had the
"USM6 / L&C / 1943 / FJA" marked out. They also put a strip of leather over
the staples. The scabbard is minty and the snap works fine. All of
this was done to sell the set commercially at the end of the war. Ref: Cole
III pg97 #13 and pg 106 #5----Nice Set----$ 285.00
22. WWII Theater Knuckle
Knife----The blade is 7 1/4" long with light use. It is cast into the handle
with the cutting edge up. The handle is cast aluminum and in excellent
condition. It comes with a decent leather scabbard that could be original to
the knife. The snap works fine.----$ 425.00
Note: No Paypal On This Item.
23. Mike Silvey
Fighter----Mint----The nice heavy blade is 7 3/4" long and unused. It has
the "Silvey" mark near the ricasso. It has a nickel silver guard, leather
and fiber spacers and a pinned crown stag butt. It comes with a heavy duty
tooled leather scabbard that was made by Mike. ----Nice Large Fighter-----$
24. Vietnam Tru-Bal Battle
Blade----Mint-----The blade is 7 1/2" long and unused. It is marked "TRU-BAL".
The black micarta handles are unused. It comes with the original Tru-Bal
marked leather sheath that is complete. Ref: Silvey Vietnam pg
SOLD----------------------------------------WWII Theater Fighting
Knife---Named----The sturdy blade is 8 7/8" long with light use and minor
sharpening marks. It is engraved "Richard Whitaker / U.S. Air Corps". It has
an aluminum handle with fiber spacers. The nice heavy sheath is a later
26. WWII Theater Fighting
Knife----The blade is 8 1/2" long and made from a bayonet. The blade is in
excellent condition. The handle is one piece brass with red micarta inserts.
These are known knives and there is one pictured on page 195 of Bill
Wright's Theater Knives Book.---------$ 95.00
27. WWII USMC Medical Corpsmen
Knife-----Minty-----The blade is 11 3/8" long and unused, It is marked "U.S.M.C.
/ Chatillion,N.Y.". The wood handles are held with 3 brass rivets. It comes
with an original scabbard that is marked "USMC / Boyt / 44". Ref: Cole
III pg 42 #3--------Minty-----$ 175.00
28. Randall Model 15-----Mint In
The Wrap-----The optional Stainless marked blade is 5 1/2" long. It has an
optional nickel silver guard. The handle is green micarta with thong hole
and thong. It comes with Randall scabbard, all lacings and "Take Care Of
Your Knife" paper and original white wrap.----Mint----$ 525.00
"A NEW BOOK"---SOG
Knife Collector is a new
book by Michael W. Silvey in the military knife series. It covers a narrow
area of collecting and helps the collector identify honest specimens and
dis-tinguish them from fakes. The for-mat is 8.5 inches by 11 inches and is
all in color. The soft cover book is less than fifty pages but includes all
the know variations of SOG knives. The information covered by this book will
be valuable to both the new and advanced collector. The printing is limited
to 2,000 copies. The book retails for $20 plus shipping. Whole-sale prices are available
81. Reference Book--KNIVES of the
6908 Diamond Court
Pollock Pines, CA 95726
83. FAKE F/S--The following information is being
presented in the hope that other collectors will not get burnt:
For information or questions contact:
Send us your
Send us your "top three" wants for your collection, that way we will know what you are looking for. Send your wants to both Gary and John.
Terms of Sale
* Payment in
certified funds (Bank Checks, Money Orders)
*PAYPAL Accepted (except for knuckle knives, switchblades,
butterfly knives and other Paypal prohibited knives)
* Standard three day Inspection Period
* Buyer Pays all postage and insurance
These items are sold as a
historical and collectible items only. The items are warranted to be as described and
shown in the photographs. No guarantee or warranty is expressed or implied as to the
usability of the items for its original purpose. The buyer, certifies that he or she is of
lawful age and is not prevented by any law from the purchase or possession of these items.
The buyer is responsible for knowing, understanding and obeying all International,
Federal, State and Local laws concerning the purchase and possession of these items.
Back to Top
John Sabol's Gerber Mark II Site
U.S. Military Knives
The Dog Tag
Vietnam War Militaria
Elite Military Knives
M9 Bayonet-Survival Knife
From the Collection of John Gibson