We're a TMCX Five Star Award Winning Collector Site
to the home of Military Fighting Knives. Many of you
know us through our old knife lists and we appreciate your continued support. If
you collect fighting knives we think you'll enjoy what we have to offer. From the
common to the rare and historic, we cater to every collector. We hope you
enjoy this site and will visit it often. Please feel free to contact John at firstname.lastname@example.org or Gary at email@example.com if you have questions or need assistance. Click here to see our Terms of
"NOTE" If you would like to receive an email every time the site is updated, please click here firstname.lastname@example.org and let John know. From then on you will be notified when changes are made to the site.
NEXT SITE UPDATE: Sunday 30 AUG 2015 at 08:30 AM EST I am adding this feature so that everyone will know when the next update will occur and not to wait on my update email to view the new listings.
SOLD ITEMS: All knives are available when the site is updated and are sold on a first-come first-serve basis. As knives are spoken for I immediately mark them sold.
|LAST UPDATE: 23 AUG 2015|
Knives John's Knives Miscellaneous
Send us your "Want" list !!!
The following items are being sold by Gary Ruleford email@example.com
1. WWII Era Colonial USN MK-I full blade retains most of its finish except for the tip of the blade, which is thinning a little. Blade shows careful sharpening if any. This is the poured lead pommel variety. Period scabbard fits very nicely, but it may not be original to this particular MK-I. Very nice piece.
2. Western USA MIL-K knife. First one that I have seen made by Western. Knife is in near mint condition. No sharpening on the hollow ground main blade. I think it is a rather scare variety.
3. WWII Era PAL Blade Co. TL-29 wood scales marked U.S. ARMY. Both blades have some spotting but appear to me to be unsharpened. Very nice example.
4. Marto Brewer Combat-Survival Knife. Blade retains about 80% original bluing. Handle about the same. Handle contains the working compass and survival gear tube. Water purification tabs turned to dust. Replaced 7” scabbard.
5. Consignment ~ DS ~ WWII Stone Knuckle Knife. Unique with emerald green eyes. 6 ½” blade appears to be theater made as it doesn’t look like any production blade that I can identify. Blade has plenty of scratches but no rust or pitting and is very sharp. Heavy harness leather period scabbard appears to be waxed with supple and solid leather, no cracking and snap strap functions. GI belt hanger. This scabbard was obviously made for and carried with this knife. NOTE: NO PAYPAL ON THIS ITEM.
6. Vietnam Era 6” Marbles Jet Pilot Knife. No doubt one of 5000 supplied to the US Navy at the beginning of the Jet Pilot knife era. Full 6” blade shows some sharpening, but no rust or grinding. Guard, handle and pommel are tight. Top of pommel shows some small degree of corrosion. Proper scabbard complete with stone. Scabbard is supple, no cracks and snap strap works fine.
7. Consignment ~ DM ~ Western Shark Knife. Blade is 3 line Western Mark. Blade is dark and pitted. Handle is unusual in that it is made from a single piece coco-bolo, and it is made the same way the Western M-31 para USMC knife.
9. WWII Era Bayonet grips. Black, unused condition. I don’t think that these have ever been on a bayonet.
12. Consignment ~ TV ~ WWII Era E.G. Waterman. Plated 6 3/8” Sawback blade appears unsharpened, but does have quite a bit of plating “leaching.” No rust or pitting. Wood handle has 2 cracks
(typical) and has carved “KC” in one side. Tight guard and pommel. Excellent original left hand sheath.
13. Consignment ~ DS ~ WWII Era (Baby) Small Ranger Knife and Scabbard. Pacific Theater. 6 ¼” blade has some spotting, but only very little pitting. Very good plus condition overall. Proper scabbard in excellent condition overall. NOTE: NO PAYPAL ON THIS ITEM.
14. Consignment ~ GJ ~ Wood handled Fighting Knife with a 5 ¼” blade made in the style of a Hitler Youth Knife Blade. Ricasso marked “WHITBY” (?). Made in Solingen. Handle is wood with copper, steel plates fitted into handle. Lead washer at guard added for weight. Lots of time and work in this one.
15. Korean War Era US M-4 Kinfolks Inc. M-1 carbine bayonet conversion to wood handle. Appears unissued since arsenal rework. Parkerized blade has one small nick. Proper painted guard and pommel show some slight flaking. Proper M8 A-1 period scabbard. Excellent plus condition overall.
16. Consignment ~ DM ~ Western G46-6 Shark blue blade, full blade, nice handle but the guard is loose. Not a high grade knife. Rough overall.
17. Consignment ~ GS~ U.S. M3 Imperial, Blade Marked. Tight guard. Excellent handle, tight pommel. Finish has been removed from blade, then polished. Blade is 6 ¾”, with no rust or pitting. Viner Bro. M-6 scabbard is very nice with 1 rivet missing at the throat. Snap strap works fine. Original leg tie down in place.
18. Consignment GS~ WWII Kabar 6” Commando. 5 7/8” bright blade appears to be unsharpened except for the ¾” tip where some sharpening is evident. Original scabbard is very nice and is intact. Guard, handle and pommel are tight.
19. Consignment ~ GS~ WWII 3rd Pattern F/S. Guard marked “ENGLAND.” Pommel area marked with “1”. 6 ¾” blade has some sharpening and some light pitting, about 70% blue. Replaced scabbard.
20. Consignment ~ GS~ WWII theater US M-3 Case , Guard marked , Full blade, guard and birdshead pommel are polished bright. Smooth leather handle. Unmarked M-6 style scabbard. All near mint.
21. US M-6 Bayonet, Aerial Cutlery Co. New in original box and wrapper. Package dated May 1961. Bayonet only—no scabbard was shipped in this package. Package has been carefully opened.
22. Consignment ~ JH~ Vietnam Era Extremely Rare “Shining Brass” Buffalo Bill Presentation Knife. Engraved blade reads, “SSG KENNETH GARDENER, FOB #2, 1966-1967”. As you know, “Shining Brass” was the project designation for clandestine incursions into Laos by SOG. (Silvey, Vietnam, Pgs. 46, 47, 49. 9 ¾” blade is polished on the engraved side. Plated on both sides. Excellent plus condition. Spots on the blade are not rust or pitting, just spots.
23. Consignment ~ JH~ Chrome 5th Special Forces Group Presentation Stiletto with original scabbard. Knife is 100%. Sheath has snap strap broken.
"Note: I Am Always Interested In Buying Your Collection"
SOLD---------------------------------------WWII Camillus Mark 2---Minty---The blade is 7" long and unused. It is marked
"U.S.N." on one side and "Camillus,N.Y." on the other. It has a slight bend
to the tip. The leather handle is unused. The thick pommel is held with the
early threaded nut. It comes with a mint U.S.N. marked scabbard. Ref: Cole
III pg 86------$ 250.00
SOLD------------------------------------------Vietnam Grey Handle
Gerber--1969----The blade is 6 3/4" long and in nice condition. It is a full
blade with a bright finish. I do not think it was buffed but I think it was
polished. There is no rust or pitting. It has the Gerber mark on one side
and "012955" on the other. The black guard and pommel are excellent with
only one small rub mark on the corner of the guard. The armorhide handle is excellent
with no marks. It comes with the original Gerber marked scabbard with the
left shoulder strap (which is correct for this serial number knife). The
snap works fine.---Nice 69 Gerber----$ 615.00
3. WWII Case V-44 Survival
Knife----The blade is 9 3/8" long with some sharpening marks. It has the
"Case XX" mark near the ricasso. The brass guard has a slight wiggle. The
handle has some scratches but no damage. It comes with the original scabbard
that has had a silent snap grip strap added. Ref: Cole III pg 137-------$
4. SOLD-------------------------------------------Vietnam Conetta Mark
2----Minty----The blade is 7 1/8" long and unused. It is marked "U.S. /
Conetta" at the ricasso. It comes with the original dark brown leather
scabbard. The snap works fine. Ref: Cole III pg 87 #12-------Minty-----$
WWII Kabar Fighting Knife-----Exc Plus----The blade is 6" long and retains
99% original finish. There is a rub mark on one side near the ricasso. The
guard is marked "Ka-Bar / Olean,NY". The leather handle is unused.
There are some initials very lightly marked on the handle It comes with the
original sheath that was decorated by the owner. Marked USAF on the front
and a set of wings and "Barberton / Ohio" on the back. Ref: Cole III pg 67
6. Vietnam era Vulcan Dive
Knife----The sawback blade is 5" long and marked "U.S. Divers / Vulcan". The
blade has use and sharpening. The plastic handle has no damage. It comes
with a USN MK1 scabbard.------$ 90.00
7. Model 1880 Intrenching
Tool-----The blade is 8" long with a rust patina. The turned wood handle is
in nice condition. It comes with the original leather covered scabbard that
has the correct "U S" mark. There is a little damage to leather at the
throat. Ref: Cole III pg 7------$ 275.00
8. WWII Theater Knuckle
Knife-----The double edge blade is 7 3/4" long, has light sharpening marks
and made from a file. The knuckle handle is aluminum and cast to the blade.
it comes with the original leather scabbard that is original to the knife
and complete. The snap works fine. There is a tag on the handle indicating
it is from the John Riddell collection. The tag that was with the knife says
there are multiple examples by the maker known. ------$ 410.00
Note: No Paypal On This Item.
9. EGW Camping Set----Probably
Post War----The knife has the wartime blade marking "EGW / Knife" at the
ricasso. There is a small crack in the wood handle. The set has some minor
rust which I think will clean off. --------You don't see these too
10. Vietnam Gerber Mark
II----1973-----Excellent -----The blade is a little longer than 6 5/8".
There is a carbon spot on the number marked side, otherwise it is in
excellent condition. Early style blade with no serrations. It is marked with
the Gerber mark on one side and "028173" on the other. The black guard and
pommel are excellent with a minor rub on the pommel. The gray handle is
minty with no marks. It comes with the original Gerber marked scabbard that
is complete with original tie-down lacing. The snap works fine. -----Nice
SOLD-------------------------------------------WWII Imperial Blade Dated M3
With Viner Bros M6 Scabbard-----The blade is 6 5/8" long with use and
sharpening. The handle has the early black spacers. The grooves in the
leather handle have been rounded and a small cord has been put between the
leather washer and the plastic spacer at the guard---no doubt to tighten the
guard. The pommel has the ordnance mark. It comes
with a M6 Viner Bros scabbard. The scabbard is stiff but it is complete.
Ref: Cole III pg 97 # 14 and pg 106 #6------$ 525.00
12. Spanish Model 1969-Cetme
Bayonet---Exc Plus----The bolo style blade is 8 3/4" long and unused. It
comes with the original scabbard that is in exc plus condition. The snap
works fine. Ref: Brett pg 248 and Janzen's pg 177-178----$ 35.00
13. WWII Pal Mark 1----Minty----The
blade is 5 1/4" long and unused. It is marked "U.S.N. / Mark 1" on one side
and the Pal mark on the other. The leather handle is unused. There is a
crack in the red and black spacer---they are solid. It comes with a USN MK1
scabbard that is complete. The snap works fine. Ref: Cole III pg 81
14. Vietnam Buck 119----Exc----The
blade is 6" long with some very light sharpening marks. It is marked "BUCK /
U.S.A." at the ricasso. This mark started in 1968. It comes with the
original Buck marked scabbard that is in excellent condition.-------$ 110.00
15. WWII Unmarked M3 With L&C
Scabbard----Minty----No doubt made by Imperial. The blade is 6 1/2" long and
unused. The guard has a very faint marking---I think mis-marked. The handle
has an early black spacer at the top and a brown one at the bottom. The
leather handle is mint. It comes with a WWII M6 L&C scabbard that has had
the L&C marking stamped out. It also has had a piece of leather put over the
throat staples. This was done to sell the set commercially. Ref: Cole III pg
13 and pg 106 #5-----Minty Set----$ 325.00
SOLD------------------------------------------P.P.C.L.I. F/S with Arm
Sheath---The blade is 6 7/8" long with light use towards the tip. The 3rd
Pattern handle, guard and part of the ricasso is painted green. The handle
has a flat side that is marked "P.P.C.L.I." (Princess Patricia's Canadian
Light Infantry). It comes with a leather Arm Sheath that is marked
"Sleeve-Scabbard, Mk 1 / Knife, Parachutist / H- Sheffield. M45". The metal
chape is painted green. According to Ron Flook' book---The F/S Fighting
Knife & other Commando Knives, there is no proof that these were actually
issue knives. So we will have to assume that they were made for
commercial sale. Whatever they are, there are not that many out there. ----$
17. WWII Theater Knuckle
Knife----The nice thick blade is 9 3/8" long and in excellent condition. The
aluminum knuckle handle is cast to the blade. The handle was cast off a 1918
LF&C knuckle knife and has the full guard. It comes with the original
scabbard that is complete. The snap works fine.------Neat Knuckle
Note: No Paypal On This Item.
18. WWI Model 1917 C.T.
Bolo----Mint----The blade is 10 1/4" long and mint. It has 100% original
black finish. It is marked "A.C. Co. / Chicago / 1918" on one side and "U.S.
/ Mod1917 / C.T." on the other. The wood handles have no use. It comes with
a "A-K-Co. / 1918 / R.H.S." marked scabbard that also has a Unit marking on
the back. Ref: Cole III pg 21 #6-----Mint----$ 250.00
19. SOLD----------------------------------------Ontario OKC-3S USMC
Bayonet-----Mint-----Current issue USMC Bayonet. The blade is 8" long and
unused. It is marked "Combat / U.S.M.C." on one side and "OKC 3S / Ontario /
Knife Co." on the other. It comes with the original mint scabbard.
20. WWII M3 Imperial & M6 L&C
Scabbard---De-milled-----Minty----The blade is 6 3/4" long and mint. The
guard has had the Imperial mark removed. The leather handle has the brown
plastic spacers at each end and is mint. The pommel has the ordnance mark
that has been x'd out. It comes with a WWII M6 L&C scabbard that has had the
"USM6 / L&C / 1943 / FJA" marked out. They also put a strip of leather over
the staples. The scabbard is minty and the snap works fine. All of
this was done to sell the set commercially at the end of the war. Ref: Cole
III pg97 #13 and pg 106 #5----Nice Set----$ 350.00
21. Mike Silvey Scagel Type
Fighter----Mint----The nice heavy blade is 7 3/4" long and unused. It has
the "Silvey" mark near the ricasso. It has a nickel silver guard, leather
and fiber spacers and a pinned crown stag butt. It comes with a heavy duty
tooled leather scabbard that was made by Mike. ----Nice Large Fighter-----$
22. WWII Theater Fighting
Knife----The blade is 6 1/2" long with use and sharpening. It has an
aluminum guard and pommel. The handle is made of plastic and fiber spacers.
It comes with a well worn WWII Mark 2 scabbard that is marked "Boyt / 43"
below the grip strap and "U.S.N." at the throat.-----$ 85.00
23. Vietnam Tru-Bal Battle
Blade----Mint-----The blade is 7 1/2" long and unused. It is marked "TRU-BAL".
The black micarta handles are unused. It comes with the original Tru-Bal
marked leather sheath that is complete. Ref: Silvey Vietnam pg
24. WWII Theater Fighting
Knife----The blade is 8 1/2" long and made from a bayonet. The blade is in
excellent condition. The handle is one piece brass with red micarta inserts.
These are known knives and there is one pictured on page 195 of Bill
Wright's Theater Knives Book.---------$ 145.00
SOLD------------------------------------------WWII Patton Sword Blade Knife----Nice----The blade is 7 5/8" long and made
from the mid-section of the Patton Saber. The blade has some old spotting
and age darkening but I don't think it has been used. The leather wrapped
handle is clean, solid and unused. It comes with a minty scabbard that is
complete. The snap works fine. Ref: Cole IV pg 116-117 and Silvey WWII pg
228-229-----Scarce Knife-----$ 310.00
26. WWII USMC Medical Corpsmen
Knife-----Minty-----The blade is 11 3/8" long and unused, It is marked "U.S.M.C.
/ Chatillion,N.Y.". The wood handles are held with 3 brass rivets. It comes
with an original scabbard that is marked "USMC / Boyt / 44". Ref: Cole
III pg 42 #3--------Minty-----$ 175.00
27. Randall Model 15-----Mint In
The Wrap-----The optional Stainless marked blade is 5 1/2" long. It has an
optional nickel silver guard. The handle is green micarta with thong hole
and thong. It comes with Randall scabbard, all lacings and "Take Care Of
Your Knife" paper and original white wrap.----Mint----$ 525.00
THE FOLLOWING KNIFE IS SOLD, JUST WAITING TO BE RECEIVED.
SOLD-----------------------------------------WWII British BC41 Knuckle
Knife----Nice----The blade is 5 3/8" long and in excellent condition. It is
a nice full blade with light sharpening marks. It has the correct "B.C.41"
mark on the tang. The steel knuckle handle is excellent with no damage. It
is correctly marked "BC 41". It comes with the original scabbard that has
some stitching separated near the tip and a name on the face. The grip strap
is complete and the snap works fine. Ref: Silvey
WWII pg 140-----Rare Knife-----$ 1675.00
Note: No Paypal On This Item.
"A NEW BOOK"---SOG
Knife Collector is a new
book by Michael W. Silvey in the military knife series. It covers a narrow
area of collecting and helps the collector identify honest specimens and
dis-tinguish them from fakes. The for-mat is 8.5 inches by 11 inches and is
all in color. The soft cover book is less than fifty pages but includes all
the know variations of SOG knives. The information covered by this book will
be valuable to both the new and advanced collector. The printing is limited
to 2,000 copies. The book retails for $20 plus shipping. Whole-sale prices are available
81. Reference Book--KNIVES of the
6908 Diamond Court
Pollock Pines, CA 95726
83. FAKE F/S--The following information is being
presented in the hope that other collectors will not get burnt:
For information or questions contact:
Send us your
Send us your "top three" wants for your collection, that way we will know what you are looking for. Send your wants to both Gary and John.
Terms of Sale
* Payment in
certified funds (Bank Checks, Money Orders)
*PAYPAL Accepted (except for knuckle knives, switchblades,
butterfly knives and other Paypal prohibited knives)
* Standard three day Inspection Period
* Buyer Pays all postage and insurance
These items are sold as a
historical and collectible items only. The items are warranted to be as described and
shown in the photographs. No guarantee or warranty is expressed or implied as to the
usability of the items for its original purpose. The buyer, certifies that he or she is of
lawful age and is not prevented by any law from the purchase or possession of these items.
The buyer is responsible for knowing, understanding and obeying all International,
Federal, State and Local laws concerning the purchase and possession of these items.
Back to Top
John Sabol's Gerber Mark II Site
U.S. Military Knives
The Dog Tag
Vietnam War Militaria
Elite Military Knives
M9 Bayonet-Survival Knife
From the Collection of John Gibson